The start of a new year is an excellent opportunity for a fresh start – a perfect moment to form a habit like decluttering or spring cleaning!
It is said that physical clutter in your home can have a direct impact on your mental health. With this, it’s best if you can start the new year off with a well-organized home and a clear mind. One of the best and least expensive ways to feel better about yourself and your home is to clear it of clutter.
But in reality, we are all tired from previous festivities and really it’s been a busy year – we need to relax and recharge. So rather than embarking on an ambitious and daunting house audit, try these manageable decluttering tips for a quick clean-up that will welcome positive energy into your home as the new year unfolds.
Not sure where to start in decluttering? BEAM Space team got you covered:
- First, list all the areas of your home to be decluttered, sorted from easiest to the hardest, smallest room to biggest one. Start with the easiest area and work your way down the list.
- Second, you may decide how much time you will commit to decluttering and learn to stick with it. It could be 15 minutes a day or 1 hour every weekend. Be realistic about how much time you are willing to commit to decluttering.
- Alternatively, you may set completion dates for each area to be decluttered, giving yourself plenty of time for each.
- When you have trouble deciding what to do with an item if it doesn’t have sentimental value and you haven’t used it in the last year, get rid of it or if you don’t want to let it go yet you may store it via valet storage.
- Set up 5 boxes to put your unneeded clutter in and label them “Recycle,” “Donate,” “Sell,” and “Trash.”
- Make sure everything you keep has a place to live in your home. If it doesn’t have a designated place, create one.
- Set your seasonal supplies aside – feel free to store them temporarily. Storage by the item is now a readily available and very cost-effective way to manage clutter.
In addition to decluttering your home, it’s time to declutter your to-do list – you’ve put that task off for long enough! The turning over of the calendar can be the best antidote for procrastination, so go ahead and fix that leaky tap, repair that damaged cupboard door, or whatever your home maintenance chore may be.
Email us at email@example.com or call us at +65 3129 4445 [SG] or +60(3) 2770 0718 [KL] to enquire more about our valet services today! Chat with us via the chatbot widget located on the right side of the screen.